Lessons My Father Taught Me
- Responsibility in all ways
- Your choices matter and ‘own’ your choices
- Make the world a better place
- Your peer group helps define you; choose your friends carefully
- Work hard and have fun
There’s a simple formula for happiness … and for success in general: G+O+P+I+E.
G is Gratitude. O is for both Optimism and the Other. P is for Purpose. I is for Integrity. E is for both Effort, and a certain kind of Exercise.
- Be grateful. Be optimistic, be focused on one another.
- The purpose of life is a life with purpose.
- Be true, speak true. That’s integrity.
- As for effort: unless you put in the work, nothing grows but weeds. Grow a garden instead.
–From Lauren & John Burchill’s wedding
Some of his favorite quotes
Dum vivimus vivamus: “While we live, let us live.”
“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.” –Carl Sagan